Nominate WPS Employee for Excellence in Public Service Award
Nominate a Wichita Public Schools employee for the Excellence in Public Service Award
Three employees are selected each year from the City of Wichita, Sedgwick County and the Wichita Public School system to receive the Excellence in Public Service Award. They each receive $2,500 and a reception is held in their honor.
Two ways to enter (select one; duplicate entries do not increase your chances of selection – it is based on the completeness of the entry)
- Enter online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ExPubServ2017
- Complete the nomination form and submit it by one of the following:
- Fax: 973-4612
- Mail or hand deliver to the Marketing and Communications office, Alvin E. Morris Administrative Center, 201 N. Water, Wichita, KS 67202.
Work with the nominee because he or she has more details about previous awards and activities that could beef-up your nomination.
Give plenty of examples of how your nominee is outstanding and unique on the job AND in their volunteerism in the community. You need to address both areas. Do they volunteer for the Boy/Girl Scouts, Red Cross, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Rotary or one of the countless other organizations or churches in our community? List them all and provide as much detail as possible. Rather than just saying your nominee is an active community volunteer, if you can tell that they average 1,000 hours of volunteer work it shows just how dedicated your nominee is.
HOT TIP: visit the district’s webpage to see last year’s winning nomination information and a list of prior USD 259 recipients.
This award program, sponsored by the DeVore Foundation, recognizes outstanding employees in public service who demonstrate a combination of the following attributes:
- Exemplary performance that has contributed to the public interest.
- Innovative problem-solving skills that have improved service delivery.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in carrying out job responsibilities, and
- A record of community involvement through participation in civic organizations.
Enter by Feb. 24!