Water Racer Rally
WATER RACER RALLY
On Friday morning, April 28, students will bring their water racer to school with the completed recording sheet. The water rally will be held throughout the day. Classes will participate with their buddy class.
Design and construct a wind-powered racer that is:
- no larger than 7 inches X 4 inches
- made of household materials or recyclable items (No Model kits)
- able to float
- with a sail
- Design and construct a vehicle which meets the challenge above and fill out the water racer recording sheet (download record sheet here).
- Test your vehicle at home in the bath tub using your breath as the wind source. For the race students will set their racers in front of a fan.
- Think of ways to improve the design and test it again.
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- The vehicle must be the product of student ideas and work.
- Vehicles should be constructed from common household items. Vehicles designed from kits or specialty items are not acceptable.