Good afternoon Buffs!
As teachers are reaching out to our students via email and phone we have a request for all students/parents. If you haven’t heard from a Southeast teacher since Spring Break we need you to email Amanda Martinez (email@example.com) with your updated contact information. Grades have been frozen as of the end of the third nine weeks. For example, if you received a C in your History class, your final grade at the end of the semester will be no lower than a C. However, teachers are working with students individually to improve those third nine week grades. We can’t do that if we don’t have your correct contact info! Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your correct contact information if you haven’t heard from a Southeast staff member so we can make those connections with you!
Stay safe Buffs – we miss you all!
As has been previously communicated, Southeast High School will be open Monday, March 30 and Tuesday, March 31 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm for students to come to SE to pick up essential items only. No access to classrooms or restrooms will be available. All health and safety protocols must be followed at all times. This message is to highlight several of the health and safety protocol and to particularly highlight the social distance mandate of maintaining at least 6’ between individuals in the building and on the grounds at all times. Any individual who will not compile with the social distancing mandate will be asked to leave and they can pick up their essential items once the Stay At Home order is lifted. Other areas of emphasis –
- Students/families DO NOT have to come this week if they don’t want to leave their homes. They can wait until after the Stay at Home order is lifted especially if there are no essential items in their lockers. All belongings will stay in the building throughout the rest of this school year and even into the summer if items are not picked up at this time. We will have another communication at the end of the school year stating when to pick up items if you chose not to come March 30 or 31.
- If a student is in quarantine or any family member is in quarantine as well as any family member or themselves have a fever, feel sick and/or have symptoms of any illness DO NOT come to the school or attend the scheduled essential item locker clean-out.
- If items left in PE or hall lockers are not deemed essential and you do not want to come then we will hold the items until the stay at home passes or at the end of the school year. We WILL NOT throw away any items or take them to donation centers until we have made final contact with families.
- All restrooms are off limits to students during the essential item locker cleanout and will be locked. Students should be in and out of the building as quickly as possible.
- If there is a line to get into the building, students should be spread 6 feet apart and not touching each other.
Thank you for your attentiveness to these health and safety guidelines.
Parent link message regarding picking up personal essential items
Parents and students, we know that some students left essential belongings in their hall and/or PE lockers when school dismissed for Spring Break. As a result, we will allow students into the building Monday, March 30 and Tuesday, March 31 to pick up their essential items between the hours of 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Please enter through the main entrance, door #1. Only those students who have essential items stored in their lockers should come during these times. All safety and health protocols will be followed and the number of students allowed to enter the building will be limited to 10 students at a time. Each student will be allowed 15 minutes to complete this task. In addition, classrooms and restrooms will not be open during this time. Please do not come to pick up your items if you are under quarantine or not feeling well. Items not picked up will remain locked in lockers for pick up at a later time. In the best interest of safety, know that this is only to pick up critical items, not a time to gather and hang out. We will keep you updated as to any further opportunities.
WICHITA SOUTHEAST H.S. CLASS OF 2020
UPDATED TIME FOR DELIVERY OF GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS AND CAP & GOWN
DELIVERY DAY: FRIDAY, APRIL 3RD 11:00 AM-1:00 PM AT SCHOOL
JOSTENS WILL HAVE A PICK UP TABLE IN THE PARKING LOT AT SOUTHEAST H.S. STUDENTS CAN DRIVE UP IN THE PARKING LOT AND WE WILL GET YOUR ITEMS IN A “DRIVE THRU” STYLE. PLEASE STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE!
WE WILL BRING ORDERS TO YOU.
IF YOU HAVE A BALANCE DUE, PLEASE PAY ONLINE AT JOSTENS.COM OR CALL 1-800-567-8367 TO PAY YOUR BALANCE WITH A CARD. PLEASE DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS TO OUR OFFICE. THANKS AND SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!
In an effort to understand whether middle and high schools students have access to technology at home, please take a few minutes to respond to a technology survey by April 1.
Prior to the COVID-19 restrictions, Wichita Mayor Brandon Whipple joined Dr. Thompson to read the latest book in her "Read Along with SUPERintendent Thompson" series "The Very Impatient Caterpillar," by Ross Burach.