Wichita Public Schools - Summer School Program
June 3 - 24, 2021
- Live Senior Meeting – Wednesday, May 12, 2021 @ 8:00 AM
- Learning Center - Friday, May 14, 2021 is the last day to complete Learning Center
- Senior Finals - Tuesday, May 18, 2021
- Senior class technology, books & material return – Monday, May 17, 2021 & Tuesday, May 18, 2021
- Senior Breakfast - Wednesday, May 19, 2021, at SEHS, 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Senior Awards Assembly - Wednesday, May 19, 2021, at SEHS, 10:00 a.m.
- Project Graduation – Wednesday, May 19, 2021, at SEHS, 11:30 a.m.
- Senior obligations due - 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 19, 2021
- Graduation Practice - Friday, May 21, 2021, at Charles Koch Arena, 9:00 a.m.
- Graduation – Friday, May 21, 2021, at Charles Koch Arena, 7:00 p.m. – 8 Guest tickets per graduate
- Summer Graduation – Thursday, June 24, 2021, at AMAC Auditorium, 7:00 p.m.
Summer School – June 3 – June 24, 2021, at Wichita High School Wes
Good day Southeast Golden Buffalo parents and guardians,
Earlier this week you received communication from Superintendent Thompson that our students who have selected onsite learning for the second semester will return to our school building on Monday, Jan. 25. We will utilize the blended onsite learning model approved by the Wichita BOE on Oct. 20, which will allow our onsite students to attend school in person two days, and learn remotely for three days. I recognize that many parents have questions about this transition, and I want to provide answers to the most common questions, as well as provide additional details about our schools plans.
- How do I know which days my student will attend school in person?
- Group A students – in-person learners (last names beginning with A – L)
- Monday and Tuesday Group A will attend school in-person
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday Group A will learn remotely
- Group B students – in-person learners (last names beginning with M – Z)
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday Group B will learn remotely
- Thursday and Friday Group B will attend school in-person
- I have selected MySchool Remote as my child’s learning model – will this impact my child?
- If you selected MySchool Remote for your child for the second semester, they will continue to learn remotely. This change impacts students whose learning model selection is onsite.
- If my student participates in athletics, do they still need to attend remotely or can they come to school for onsite learning?
- Students who participate in moderate or higher risk athletics in the winter or spring season will continue with our district practice of having those students attend school remotely until two weeks following the conclusion of their season. Your student’s coach or athletic director will provide additional detail.
- Will my child still receive free meals?
- Secondary students who are attending school onsite 2 days a week are still eligible to order and receive our remote meals. Parents can go to https://www.usd259.org/remotefood to order meals for the days their student do not attend school.
- Will my student receive bus transportation?
- Yes, if your student qualifies for transportation, they will receive that service beginning Jan. 25. Our transportation clerk, Candra Koch (email@example.com) will reach out to you and provide specific information on details of your student’s transportation details.
- Will I still be able to get tech support for my student’s laptop?
- Yes. Students will continue to use their laptops every day in student learning. They should bring the device to school on days they attend in person, and should bring them home for remote learning. In order to support any tech questions you may have, we will continue to provide in-person tech support Monday-Friday at the Alvin Morris Administrative Center, 903 S. Edgemoor, from 7am to 7pm.
- All students must have required immunizations as they return to onsite learning. Parents whose students need these vaccinations have been contacted with reminders. All students must have necessary immunizations by February 1, or those onsite students will be required to return to remote learning. If you have any questions, please reach out to our school nurse.
It is important to note that we will monitor student and staff illness data. In the event that this data warrants a temporary return to 100% remote learning due to staffing and safety considerations, we will likely make a quick pivot back to the remote learning format. Please be sure that your family has a child care plan in place in the event that we notify you of this safety-related transition.
If your child is returning to our school building, please know that we are excited to see them, and prepared to do everything possible to help all students and staff be as safe as possible. There are several things I want to remind you of concerning our building procedures:
- All students and staff will be required to wear face masks.
- You should check your student for a temperature each morning, and if they are sick keep them at home. If you or anyone in your family believes you may have symptoms of COVID, you can contact our WPS COVID testing center for a free rapid test. Our district also offers testing for those with no symptoms. The attachments will provide you with additional information.
- Make sure that your child brings their fully-charged computer, charger, and earbuds daily if they will learning in-person
Help us keep our kids in school! Our ability to keep our students onsite is directly impacted by the health of our community and the impact of COVID-19 on our staff and students. Please wear a mask at all times, wash your hands, practice social distancing, and encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same.
Principal, Southeast HS
Community Service Clothing Store
9:00am - 11:30am and 1:30pm - 3:30pm
FREE Clothing for all ages
2751 S Osage, Wichita, KS
Student Supply Deployment Pick Up Dates & Times
Call Christy 973-2856 for your appointment times.
• Enter through door #1 (Main Entrance, by the flag pole)
• We will be doing temperature checks for all students and parents; (masks required)
• Families are limited to one student and one parent (Multiple siblings will be allowed in together but only with one parent) Computer Deployment Pickup Instructions (***Very Important***)
• Each student’s parent must sign a computer agreement for each student
• The computer agreement is acknowledgment of receiving the device
• Computer insurance is optional (but highly encouraged)
o Parents that select “NO” will have to pay the cost of the device if it is broken, damaged, lost or stolen o Parents that select “YES” will have to pay the insurance fee before the device is received ($30/$15/$10, Full/Reduced/Free, depending on your meal-pay status)
o Parents that select “YES” will have the assurance that if their device is broken, damaged, lost or stolen that the device will be replaced at no additional cost
o The insurance is optional but highly encouraged If a student already has a school Chromebook they must return it before being issued a new device. Call 973-2700 if you have any questions
LOOKING FOR HELP?
NEED HELP? QUESTIONS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS?
If you are needing help or have general questions regarding the Coronavirus contact 211, United Way’s information and referral service. Dial 2-1-1 to talk with a call specialist or text your ZIP code to 898-211. United Way is working with local and state agencies to have accurate, current information.
FAMILYWIZE PRESCRIPTION DELIVERY & DISCOUNTS
In the midst of the coronavirus, you shouldn’t have to worry about going out to get your prescriptions. Our partner, FamilyWize, can help coordinate home delivery of your prescriptions from participating pharmacies while they also help reduce the cost of your Rx. Their free prescription discount card can be used at most major retailers, regardless of whether or not you have health insurance. To learn more and get the card, click here. For help coordinating home delivery of your meds, call FamilyWize at 1-800-222-2818.
We've created school-specific Facebook photo frames to celebrate the WPS graduating Class of 2021
Amanda Kingrey has been named Assistant Superintendent of Secondary Schools for the Wichita Public Schools effective April 23, 2021.
The Wichita community was invited to the event held April 17 at Mid-America All-Indian Center.
At the April 19 BOE meeting, the Board heard a presentation on the Education Imagine Academy and the Edventures virtual field trip program.