The College Search
Finding a college after high school can be often be a daunting. With nearly 4,000* schools out there, how do I find the right fit for me? One way to trim down your options is to develop a criterion and determine what matters most to you! Here are some steps to help you better align with your priorities:
- Research colleges in Kansas by the career/major you want.
- Understand cost of attendance and know what you can afford to pay out of pocket.
- Do you want to find other states nearby that offer in-state tuition?
- Thinking of exploring other states for college?
- What size campus fits your social level?
- What else do you want from your college experience?
*According to US News & World Reports, in 2019 there were 3,982 degree-granting postsecondary institutions in the U.S. Of that number, there were 1,625 public four-year colleges and two-year colleges; 1,660 private nonprofit four-year and two-year schools; and 607 for-profit schools. There has been a steady decline in these numbers with small liberal arts colleges and for-profit schools due to declining enrollment, budget deficits, and diminishing endowment.