Program hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 6:00 pm on school days. We are not open on in-service and holidays. Extended hours are available on early release conference days. Times and dates will be posted in the latchkey area.
Enrollment is first come/first served based on space available. An ongoing wait list will be maintained at each site. Pre-kindergarten children are not admitted to SAP.
Staffing is based on a 15 to 1 ratio. At least one staff member on duty at all times is CPR and First Aid certified.
Breakfast and Snacks
Breakfast is offered at an additional fee and is paid directly to Nutrition Services.
A nutritious snack is provided to each child in SAP during the afternoon at no additional cost.
Program Rules and Behavior Expectations
- Positive and appropriate behavior is expected.
- Children are expected to respect the rights of others.
- School Safety rules are to be followed.
- Children are to obey the adults in charge in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Please keep personal items at home. Staff is not responsible for any personal items brought to school.
Our goal is to provide safe and positive childcare. The purpose of discipline is to help guide a child toward developing appropriate problem solving strategies and to provide a comfortable and non-threatening environment for all children. The following methods of guidance will be implemented in the program in this sequence:
- Describe the expected behavior to the child for the selected activity using the CHAMPS Model.
- Utilize redirection—guide the child’s interest to a new activity and state specifically the behavior expected from the child.
- Implement time out—removal from the activity. Aggressive and disruptive behavior will result in removal for the activity.
- Activities for rewarding positive behavior and self-esteem will be encouraged.
Evaluation of problem behavior will include parents and staff. SAP guidance and discipline policy does not include: corporal punishment, verbal abuse, threats, or derogatory remarks about the child or the child’s family, binding or tying to restrict movement or enclosing in a confined space, withholding or forcing food (K.A.R. 28-4-589).
***See BOE Policy 1463 - School Age Program Pupil Discipline and Staff Responsibilities.