STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS DIVISION
How We Support Wichita Public Schools
The Strategic Communications Division:
- promotes student and staff achievements
- organizes volunteer and partnership opportunities
- helps manage crisis situations
- responds to media inquiries
- explains complex issues to parents and the community
- communicates district directives and policies to employees
- notifies the public in cases of emergency
- manages content for usd259.org and social media
Support for Schools
Some services we provide for principals & schools are:
- Crisis Management
- Media Relations Training
- Promotional Support
Support for Parents and the Community
We serve as advocates for district parents on issues relating to the success of individual students within our district.
Support for Employees
We keep our employees up-to-date with district happenings through our website and social media. We also celebrate their achievements and dedication to our students.
District staff, please log in to find additional communication resources for staff!
Our Vision and Mission
We will be steadfast champions of public education through authentic storytelling, impactful stakeholder engagement opportunities, and new and sustained relationships, all of which maximize public support for Wichita Public Schools to ensure every student is future ready.
We will create and maintain trusted relationships with district stakeholders through:
- Innovative and creative communication strategies,
- Interactive dialogue,
- Transparent communication,
- Strategic partnerships, and
- Effective counsel to district leaders.