Good Apple Awards
Celebrating the contributions of employees
The Good Apple Award program allows schools and administrative support centers to recognize employees, volunteers and partners who provide exemplary service to the district and its students. Twice each year, principals and selection committees take up the arduous task of reviewing nominations and selecting only three award recipients for their buildings. Award recipients are recognized within their building communities and also by the Wichita Public Schools Board of Education at two special ceremonies each year.
To nominate a Wichita Public Schools employee or partner for the Good Apple Award, complete a nomination form and a signed letter of recommendation. Submit the nomination materials to the building principal where the nominee works. Principals will facilitate a process to select and recognize the award recipients at their buildings.
Anyone - students, volunteers or employees - can nominate someone for the Good Apple Award.
The nomination window is usually open in the fall (October) and spring (February/March).
2023-24 Award Recognitions
- Nominations for Fall/Winter 2023 Good Apples are now open! You can turn the nomination form into the building principal.
- All District Nomination Form (English) - Click Here
- All District Nomination Form (Spanish) - Click Here
2022-23 Award Recognitions
The Wichita Public Schools Board of Education celebrates the contributions of those selected as award winners in the fall and spring.
Spring Honorees 2023
- Link to a booklet about the honorees, Spring Good Apple Honorees
- The Spring honorees were celebrated during the Spring Good Apple Celebration on April 3, 2023 at the Alvin E. Morris Administrative Center. Click here to watch...