Retirement and Longevity Recognition
Celebrating the service of our long-time employees.
The strength and vitality of the Wichita Public Schools as an education leader resides with the quality of its employees. For many, their service to the district and students has lasted decades - allowing them to hone their skills, to mentor their colleagues and to be leaders in their professions.
Each year the Wichita Public Schools proudly salutes all of its retiring employees and those who will continue to serve the district after 10-, 20-, 30- and 40-years. To view a list of the 2020-21 honorees click on the following link, honoree names.
The booklet lists those who confirmed their retirements by April 19. Additional retirements announced after that date for the 2020-21 school year will be posted here:
- Jay Agnew, Physical Education Teacher, East High School - 30 years
- Kelly Baird, Reading Intervention, Gordon Parks Academy STEM Leaders in Applied & Media Arts - 34 years
- Donald Bell, Custodial Services Manager, School Service Center - 34 years
- Stephanie Bird-Hutchison, Elementary Teaching Specialist, Dunbar Support Center - 29 years
- Dennis Busch, Building Engineer, Heights High School - 42 years
- Scott Cathey, Counselor, Northwest High School, 14 years
- Amy Champlin, Principal, Curtis Middle School - 29 years
- Marvin Coleman, Para Special Education High Incidence, West High School - 22 years
- Melanie Dreiling, Interrealted Elementary Teacher, Peterson Elementary School - 26 years
- Lori Elpers, Information Services Technician, Information Services and Technology - 32 years
- Bonni Farris, ESOL Teacher, Minneha Core Knowledge Magnet Elementary - 25 years
- Lisa Fields, Science Teacher, Northwest High School - 16 years
- Bart Flickinger, Paraeducator ESL, Franklin Elementary School - 25 years
- Tami Fuchs-Rodriguez, Science Teacher, North High School - 16 years
- Marsha Holl, Second-Grade Teacher, Chisholm Trail Elementary School - 23 years
- Susan Kelley-Linder, Strategic Communications Technical Assistant, Alvin Morris Administrative Center - 25 years
- Martha Kemp, Family and School Liaison Assistant, Dunbar Support Center - 14 years
- David Mahan, Security Officer, School Service Center - 36 years
- Sherry Minnick, Kindergarten Teacher, Linwood Elementary School - 29 years
- Vernell Morgan, Science Teacher, Marshall Middle School - 21 years
- Freda Ollenburger, Fifth Grade Teacher, Price-Harris Communications Magnet Elementary - 22 years
- Ashok Surender, Assistant Principal, Southeast High School - 32 years
- Patricia Schuessler, Nurse, Alvin E. Morris Administrative Center - 12 years
- Dennis Thomas, Social Studies Teacher, Gateway Alternative Program Center - 41 years
- Mary Whitley, High Incidence Sped Para, West High School - 32 years
Employees who have questions about their years of service are encouraged to contact Diana Price, Human Resources Records, 973-4625.
Employees who have reached their 20-, 30- and 40-year anniversaries of service with the district this year and those retiring in the 2019-20 and 2020-21 school years were invited to a come-and-go reception on May 12, 2021.
To view a video about the Retirement & Longevity Reception, click on the following link, reception video.