CLASSROOM VISITATION GUIDELINES
Welcome to Brooks!
Parents may visit the school and classroom at any time. However, for the safety and welfare of the students, all visitors must report to the office before going to the classrooms. A driver’s license will be required at check-in for any visitor that will have contact with the students. All meetings with teachers need to be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance, therefore please do not have a conversation with the teacher during the visit.
The following procedure should be followed in the classroom so that staff and students can continue with the educational process, remain on task, and accommodate requests:
- Observe from the seat designated by the teacher.
- Silence cellphones and limit use to emergencies. Take phone calls in the hallway.
- Do not record events in the classroom. This is would be a violation of privacy.
- Limit interactions to your child. Speak quietly with your child if you must.
- Keep in mind they are still learning.
- Please respect the privacy of other students in the classroom.
- Be positive in the classroom.
I understand that the teacher has been instructed to contact administration if these guidelines are not followed.
I would like to visit (Student Name Printed): ________________________________________.
I have educational rights for this student. Yes No
The purpose of my visit is to_____________________________________________________.
All meetings with teachers need to be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance, therefore please do not have a conversation with the teacher. If you would like to speak with the teacher, then please notify the Main Office as you leave and they will have the teacher contact you for a personal one-on-one meeting or a phone call.
Visitor Name (Printed): _________________________________________________________
Visitor Signature: ______________________________________ Date: _________________