ONLINE FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITY
Join us for one of five Strategic Plan Feedback Sessions led by members of the Board of Education and Superintendent Dr. Alicia Thompson where we will gather community feedback:
- Tuesday, Oct. 8, 6-7:30 p.m. West High School
- Thursday, Oct. 10, 6-7:30 p.m. Southeast High School
- Monday, Oct. 14, 6-7:30 p.m. Northwest High School - CANCELLED
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 6-7:30 p.m. Brooks Middle School
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 6-7:30 p.m. South High School
Participants will share their perspective on four questions:
- What is going well with the Every Student Future Ready strategic plan?
- What areas of the plan presents the greatest challenge?
- What more should the district be doing to improve student learning for all kids?
- What will you as a parent/community member do to impact student learning?
Those who are unable to attend one of the community feedback sessions can submit feedback online:
We Want Your Feedback!
The WPS Strategic Plan, Every Student Future Ready - Empowered to Dream, Believe and Achieve, is the district's guiding focus to ensure all students are college and career ready by receiving an innovative and rigorous education. The WPS Strategic Plan, comprised of our Mission, Vision and Shared Beliefs, our Long-Term Goals and Strategic Themes, will guide the work of the Wichita Public Schools through 2023.
Be among the first to know when we have updates about the Strategic Plan. Click here to tell us you want to stay informed.
This website will be continuously updated as we challenge our district community to think differently about our work and what we must do to support and inspire our students.
How did we get here?
We listened. We learned. Thousands of district and community stakeholders participated in more than 20 listening sessions held during Superintendent Dr. Alicia Thompson's first year. The Board of Education and district leadership used the feedback received to shape the elements of the strategic plan presented on this site.
Over the course of Year 1, district leaders focused on creating success measures and began implementing the Strategic Plan.
To reivew all of the listening session feedback, visit www.usd259.org/superentry.
Strategic Plan Video, A look back at Year 1
WPS Strategic Plan Video 2018-2023
Staff: Log into the website to see the Brand Identity Toolkit.