Are you interested in a career in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Math? If so, consider attending Newman's STEM Exploration Program! In this program, you will complete the following:
• Earn two hours of college credit with a pass/fail grade upon successful completion of the program.
• Attain hands-on experience conducting faculty-led STEM laboratory experiments and activities.
• Perform group and individual analysis of experiments.
• Learn from college faculty through engaging demonstrations.
• Engage with guest speakers from a variety of STEM-related fields to discuss the career opportunities possible with a STEM education.
• Experience college life as an authentic Newman University student including the privileges of a student ID.
For more information, click here! Fee Waivers are available for those who qualify!
After speaking with various employers/organizations at the Heights Career Fair, the CCC has learned of numerous job opportunities made available for high school graduates! See below to access job flyers for the various members around the community:
Attention All Heights Parents:
Heights students will now have access to a FREE ACT Prep Class through Edgenuity, USD 259’s provider of K-12 online education. All students grades 9-12 will have access to this free course through their Single-Sign On-Rapid ID portal. In order to use this class, your student will need to meet with the College and Career Coordinator, Mr. Ghitis, to be enrolled in this online class. This class is not for a grade and cannot be used to earn credit. Tell your student to meet with Mr. Ghitis to start preparing for the ACT today!
Students, are you interested in FREE ACT prep? If so, check out Sylvan Learning Center! Sylvan Learning Center offeres the following free resources to students:
FREE Practice ACT.
FREE Presentation in ACT test-taking tips.
FREE Advanced Reading Skills Diagnostic assessment.
- This assessment is a great diagnostic tool to help students who have difficulty finishing the ACT on time.
FREE Diagnostic days at the center.
- Sylvan has regularly scheduled diagnostic assessments at the center that can help students understand their scores and find out the root causes and how to better prepare for the ACT.
All of these can be done with a group of friends or by yourself. To schedule an appointment, call
Sylvan Learning Center
8343 E 32nd St N #125A, Wichita, KS 67226