Q: What should I do if I find a grant that I would like to submit?


    A: All staff are required to submit an Intent to Apply form to the grants Department prior to submitting a grant to the funding agency.  Grants that are $5K or more must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the grant due date.


    Q: Will the Grants Department write my grant for me?


    A: The grants department focuses on writing grants that are $20K or more.  However, time permitting, the grants department may also be able to assist with $10-20K grants as well.  Please contact the Grants Department directly with this request


    Q: I have an idea for a project but I need to seek funding.  Can the Grants Department help find grants?


    A: YES!  Please submit a Needs Assessment form to the Grants Department, regardless of the amount you are seeking. This form will give us background on your project and goals so we can attempt to find a potential funder for your project.


    Q: I was notified that am going to be awarded a grant, what do I do?


    A: Please electronically forward the award notification and a copy of the submitted grant to Holly Wilson, Grant Administrator, hwilson@usd259.net


    Q: I received the check for my grant, how can I start spending my grant funds?


    A:  Please take a copy of the check for your records and forward the check to Holly Wilson, Grant Administrator, AMAC Room 410.  Once received you will be sent a Project and award with instructions on spending your grant funds.


    Q: What is our District’s DUNS number?


    A: Our district’s DUNS number is 043063221


    Q: What is the District’s Federal ID


    A: The District’s Federal ID is 48-6000-357


    Q: This application is asking for the Districts/Schools NCES ID.   What is that?


    A: The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education in the U.S. and other nations.  The district’s NCES ID is 2012990.  You can click here to search for your school’s NCES ID.


    Q: Is Wichita Public Schools a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization?


    A: WPS is not a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization.  We are a political subdivision of the State of Kansas and not subject to federal income tax, charitable contributions to governments are tax-deductible under section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code. 


    Q: A grant I want to submit requires a “financial match”, what is that and what do I do?


    A: Some granting agencies require a financial match from the recipient.  These matches can be “in-kind” contributions or they may require a hard financial match which is actual cash on hand for a project.  The funder will give a percentage that they require for the match and it could be as much as 100%, and in some cases even more.  If your grant requires a financial match, please contact Holly Wilson, Grant administrator at hwilson@usd259.net as soon as possible to see if a financial match would be available for your grant.