Employee COVID-19 Hotline
Employees of the Wichita Public Schools should contact the COVID-19 Hotline to report their COVID-19 situation, even if they are temporarily working in a remote situation. Employees can contact the COVID hotline:
WPS needs to be made aware of any COVID-related issues to ensure you have access to any benefits you need, as well as to be able to continue to monitor the impact of COVID on our district.
The following situations should result in contact with the COVID hotline:
- You are experiencing symptoms and are seeking testing
- You have received a positive COVID test result
- You have received a negative COVID test result
- Someone in your household has tested positive for COVID
- You have been in close contact (defined as spending 10 or more minutes with someone and also within 6 feet of them, masked or unmasked) with someone that has tested positive for COVID
- You have or will travel to somewhere listed on the KDHE travel advisory list
- You have lost childcare due to COVID-related reasons or need to care for your children whose school has gone remote or is closed
Questions regarding payments for COVID leave, paperwork, or any other general follow-up questions should be directed to email@example.com or (316) 712-2238 as the COVID hotline is meant to be used for initial reporting of new COVID situations.