Here is a link to a video showing how to use breakout rooms:
Directions for Breakout rooms.
Many of you have replied asking more about Microsoft Teams Breakout Rooms. Here are some steps to get those started:
- To see the breakout rooms option within your meetings, you must turn on the new Teams meeting experience by
- Clicking on your profile image within Teams
- Selecting Settings
- Checking the “Turn on new meeting experience” option within General settings.
- Restart your Teams client.
- You can double-check that the setting is set up correctly by starting a meeting and verifying that the meeting opens in its own window.
- Make sure all participants, including the meeting organizer, are using the latest version of Teams.
- Find the version of Teams you’re using.
- If a participant does not yet have the latest client version, meeting organizer won’t be able to assign or move the participant to a breakout room.
- As a meeting organizer, join a private scheduled meeting or private meet now meeting. Once you are in the meeting you should see the breakout room option next to the raise hand control.
- You must be a meeting organizer to see the option. Meeting attendees and presenters will not see the breakout rooms option.
You will then see this bar when you start the meeting: