Meal Modification Menu Information
Nutrition Services offers menus for a variety of different disabilities, food allergies, and intolerances. The different menus are explained below each menu. Click the school level button on the right to go to the menus and see each description. The information is correct to the best of our knowledge provided from manufacturer's labels. Food labels are reviewed regularly and menus are updated accordingly. Items that are strikethrough and bold contain the allergen or irritant. Students can avoid these items by choosing the alternate items on the menu that are not stricken through.
- Nut: Tree nuts, peanuts, and other food items that have been produced in a facility with tree nuts or peanuts as stated on food packaging are marked through on the menu below. Coconut is not eliminated from this menu. Nutrition Services offers a very limited amount of these items and they are easily avoided with our offer program.
- Gluten-Free: Wheat and/or gluten-containing ingredients such as barley, rye, oats (unless labeled gluten free), or wheat are marked through on the menu below. Modified food starch is not avoided on this menu, which sometimes but usually does not contain gluten. For a complete list of ingredients or more information please see the Master List of Allergens, Calories, and Carbohydrate in food served 2017-2018.
- Egg: Egg allergy menu has crossed out items that contain egg or egg byproducts as an ingredient as listed on the food label.
- Milk: Milk allergy menu has crossed out items that contain milk or milk byproducts as an ingredient as listed on the food label.
- Dairy: Dairy avoidance menu is designed for students who are sensitive to fluid cow's milk, cheese, and yogurt. Students with Lactose-intolerance or other dairy intolerances that can tolerate small amounts of milk as ingredients in food could utilize this menu. Lactose Intolerance varies, and some students can tolerate cheese or yogurt. Please let your school nurse know if your student can make their own choices to meet their tolerance needs.
- Fish - List of current items that contain fish, shellfish or fish/shellfish ingredients. These items can be avoided by the student.
- Carbohydrate Counts - menu lists the most current carbohydrate count in grams behind the menu item in parenthesis for each food. Carbohydrate count is based on serving size, although some items in middle and high school are self served and exact carbohydrate content can vary.
- Master List of allergens, carbohydrates, calories in food served 2017-2018: a comprehensive list of items with more detailed ingredient information and serving sizes. Listed in alphabetical order, but the Ctrl+F function is helpful when searching for a menu item.
Please discuss the menu with your child so they are prepared and confident in avoiding their allergen at mealtimes. For more information on board policy for handling allergies in the school click here (P5318 Treatment of Student Allergies).
Life-Threatening Allergies: If your child is at risk for anaphylactic shock, make sure an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) is in place with the nurse at your school. It is highly recommended that you personally introduce your child to all persons who routinely offer food and snacks to them.
For more information about managing your child’s food allergies visit the Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) website or check out our links column on the right of the Nutrition Services home page.
Food labels to our products are available for public view by contacting Nutrition Services at 973-2178.