Child Nutrition Program Benefits InformationChildren need healthy meals to learn. Wichita Public Schools offers healthy meals every school day. This year, every student will eat breakfast and lunch free, see flyer for further details!
This year, all students eat free under the SSO (Seamless Summer Option) Program! Household Economic Surveys (part of your online enrollment) will be used in place of free/reduced applications for the 21-22 school year to determine school fees. You can also take a direct certification letter to your child's school to obtain fees at the free status. Please see your school's bookkeeper for further details.
Updated 7/28/21 6 pm
Meal Prices for the 21-22 School YearUSD 259 will not be changing student meal prices for the 20-21 school year. Adult/Visitor prices did increaseUpdated 7/7/21 7 pm
This year, all students eat free under the SSO (Seamless Summer Option) Program!Updated 7/9/21 4 pm
- All USD 259 enrolled students are able to receive FREE school breakfast and lunch for the 2021-22 school year.
- The letters that are produced by the USD 259 Nutrition Services Department this school year are Direct Certification letters. Direct Certification letters have the student name(s) listed on the letter. There are no other eligibility letters for this school year.
- If you normally use an eligibility letter to reduce a payment of a bill or for qualification for a program, please click here to print our 2021-22 School Meal Notice.
- If you need to request a copy of your Direct Certification letter, please click here. Please note, that letter requests can take up to 2 weeks, depending on the time of year your request is received. We do not provide prior year letters.
- Do not request P-EBT letters through this process. Please refer to our P-EBT page.
Foster ChildrenIf a student attends, but does not live in an institution, they are considered to be a member of the household in which he/she resides as a foster student. Even though all students eat free this school year, it is important to directly certify any foster students that we can. Contact the Nutrition Services Department (contact information at the bottom of this page) to inquire whether the student(s) in question could be considered Directly Certified by the state.
For Institutions OnlyIf a student is living (even temporarily) in a residential child care institution, they are considered an institutionalized child. Even though all students eat free this school year, it is important to directly certify any institutionalized students that we can. Complete and sign the Institutionalized Child Eligibility Certification List 21-22. This signed list must be submitted to NSEligibility@usd259.net.
If you have a question about student eligibility
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.