Students New to WPS
Click here for information about kindergarten and prekindergarten programs.
In-person enrollment for the 23-24 school year is July 25 - 26, 12 - 7 p.m. All kindergarten families need to apply in person.
Create a new account in ParentVUE to begin the online enrollment process.
- Select “Enroll Now”
- Select “Create a New Account"
- Read and accept the Privacy Statement
- Create an account using a valid email address
- Check your email to finish setting up your account
Parents of students new to the Wichita Public Schools should gather the following items prior to enrollment. All incoming and current parents have the opportunity to upload documents during online enrollment.
► Birth Certificate – If a birth certificate is not available, schools will accept a hospital certificate of birth, a visa or passport, a certified transcript from another school district or a court order that shows the birth date and places the student with Social and Rehabilitation Services. Students may enter kindergarten in the 2023-24 school year if they will be five years old on or before Aug. 31, 2023. Students may enroll in first grade if they will be six years old on or before Aug. 31, 2023.
►Proof of Address – During online enrollment, parents can upload documents that verify home address or bring them to their child's school. This could include a rental receipt, lease agreement, gas/electric bill or a mortgage payment stub.
►Health Exam – A current health exam is strongly encouraged for all students. Consult your health care provider to obtain and complete a health examination. Return this information to the school nurse. Click here for more information: Click here for the Health Examination form.
►Immunization Requirements – Official/valid immunization documentation is required by law. Students must be in compliance with the State's current immunization requirements. Any student who does not meet the State's requirements will not be allowed to attend school on or after the official exclusion date in mid-October until immunizations are up-to-date. Click here for immunization information.
Welcome to the Wichita Public Schools! Learn more about our outstanding programs and choices we offer when you choose WPS!
- To find out what school your child attends, contact Student Records and Enrollment Services at 316-973-4498, or visit the WPS SchoolFinder website.
- Information on bus routes for the 23-24 school year will be available in early August. When bus routes and bus stops have been developed, parents will be able to check student bus route information on their ParentVUE account, or on the FirstView transportation app. If you aren't sure whether your child qualifies to receive transportation, visit our School Finder to check availability based on your home address. Parents who have transportation questions should review the transportation web site at www.usd259.org/transportation, or call our transportation office at 973-2190. Please note, bus route information for 22-23 will not be available until early August.
- Students who have a language other than English in their backgrounds are encouraged to contact Multilingual Education Services at (316) 866-8000. Students’ English language skills are tested so they are placed in the best program for their English proficiency. Find out more information about the MES at www.usd259.org/mes.