The College Search
Finding a college after high school can often be long, tedious process. Did you know there are almost 4,000 colleges and universities out there? How am I supposed to research all of them? Who has time for all of that?? NO ONE!
One way to narrow down your options is to develop a criterion and determine what it is that you're looking for in a school. Here are some steps to help get you started:
- Research colleges in Kansas by the career/major you want.
- Look at the cost of attendance and keep in mind what you can afford to pay out of pocket for school.
- Did you know schools in nearby states offer in-state tuition? Check them out here.
- Do you want to leave Kansas completely? Take a look at all of the schools by state here.
- What size school will you feel comfortable at? Do you want to be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond, so to speak.
- What else do you want from your college experience? Think athletics, clubs, study abroad opportunities, internships, etc.
- Do you want to complete several applications all in one place? Check out Common App and this step-by-step guide to walk you through it.