Scholarships can be received from your college or other outside sources. Be sure to check your school's deadlines for admissions and if they require any additional applications or requirements to apply for their scholarships (essays, recommendation letters, videos, interviews, etc.) Some scholarships may have requirements, such as a minimum GPA and/or ACT/SAT scores. Some may just require an application. There are tons of resources to help you find free money for college, but always make sure it is from a trusted source to avoid scams. If you have to pay to apply for scholarships, verify with a school or trusted adult before proceeding with the application process - asking for payment is a red flag!
Remember, if you want to be awarded money, you cannot just apply for one scholarship. The more you apply for, the more opportunity you provide yourself. No scholarship is a guarantee, so apply for multiple to increase your chances!
- Xello - there are over 250 local scholarship opportunities housed there!
- Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC)
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- Going Merry
- True Blue KSHSAA Scholarship
- Assistance League of Wichita Scholarship - for students planning to attend Butler CC or WSU Tech rewarding students with need and motivation.
- Horacio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans - for students who have faced adversity and have great financial need.
- The Hixon Opportunity Award - for students attending KU who face significant personal challenges and have financial need.
- GPACAC - for students that attend high school in the three GPACAC membership states of Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma.
- The Kansas Board of Regents Scholarships - multiple scholarship options for both college and technical schools.
- Kansas Career Technical Workforce Grant - May 1st deadline, for Kansas High School graduates accepted to eligible career technical education programs, must complete FAFSA by April 1st.
- Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship - May 1st deadline, for academically competitive minority students with financial need.
- Kansas Nursing Service Scholarship - Recipients are obligated to practice as an RN or LPN in Kansas.
- The Rudd Scholarship Program - for students attending Wichita State University, Emporia State University, Kansas State University or Fort Hays State University.
- Questbridge - The National College Match is a college admission and scholarship process through which high-achieving, low-income students can be admitted early with full four-year scholarships to Questbridge college partners.
- Simon Youth Community Scholarships - for students who live in a Simon Mall Community.
- Future of School Scholarship Program - for students who participated in a blended learning environment during the last two years of high school, March deadline
- The Wichita Community Foundation Scholarships - multiple scholarships for local students.
- Old Town Barber College Scholarship - USD259 graduates only, March deadline
- Stand Out College Prep - Kansas-based scholarships