Why Wichita Public Schools?
We are #WPSProud of the many benefits offered at Wichita Public Schools. From day one, we’re looking out for your well-being—at work and at home—so you can focus on being part of our vision to be the district of choice in our region where all students and staff are empowered to dream, believe and achieve. The majority of our positions are eligble for benefits, including those listed below.
Health and Compensation * Generous Leave Time * Free Professional Development * City of Wichita
Health and Compensation
- Multiple medical plan options with premiums from $100 to $180.96 per month depending on plan choice and family covered (Plans can be as little as $0 per month if wellness discount earned. Wellness points are automatically met for new hires after April 1st for the remainder of that year and the following year.)
- Dental plan and vision plan available with premiums ranging from $0 to $49.04 per month depending on plan choice and family covered
- $1,200 annual savings paid out by pay period for those who provide proof of other insurance coverage and enroll in the cash option
- KPERS benefits, including free KPERS and district-provided life insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) offering up to 10 free counseling sessions (in-person, video, or text) per issue for employee and members of household, as well as financial and legal resources
Generous Leave Time
- Paid vacation time that begins accruing on your first day, depending on position's work calendar
- Paid leave for eligible employees, including sick, bereavement and personal business days
- Paid maternity and paternity leave for eligible employees
- Up to 17 annual paid holidays, depending on position's work calendar
- Paid medical leave and short-term disability
FREE Professional Development
- New-Teacher Induction
- 2-day new staff orientation for certified (teaching and support) staff
- 2-year mentoring program for new teachers
- Dedicated licensure specialist
- Regular in-service and professional development for all staff
City of Wichita
- #1 city in the country for affordability
- Top 10 city for first-time home buyers
- #5 city for "biggest bang for your buck"
- 50+ museums and art galleries
- 1,000+ restaurants, bars and cafes
Want to know how Wichita's cost of living compares to COL in other cities? Learn more from Choose Wichita.