Blue Aces Student Ambassador Leadership Program
What is a Student Ambassador? Student Ambassadors are the face of an institution and is a leadership opportunity for our students dedicated to East High. Student Ambassadors represent their school, serving as hosts and volunteers at various school events. The Student Ambassador Program selection process is based on grades, personality, character, communication skills, drive, and enthusiasm. Our Student Ambassadors are nominated by our Alpha Counselors. The selection process for Student Ambassadors is at the discretion of the Alpha Counselor(s). Alpha Counselors will recommend their top students to the CCC. The CCC and current Student Ambassadors will make the final selection through an interview process.
Student Ambassadors will provide support to the College and Career Center and to East High. This prestigious student role includes conducting tours for new students and faculty; assisting with presentations; assisting your peers with FAFSA, college, and job applications; marketing for the CCC via social media; maintaining the college and job boards; proctoring practice ACT sessions; planning CCC events (Apply Kansas, FAFSA assemblies, and Blue Carpet Senior Gala); 8-10 volunteer hours per academic year; other duties as assigned. You will be enrolled in a Leadership Skills class as part of your schedule. You are required to attend weekly meetings, including Ace Time.
Qualifications are as followed, but not limited to:
- Must have a cumulative 3.5 + GPA
- Service oriented
- Can work independently, as well as with a team
- Preferred skills in Canva and/or another graphic design program
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Conduct tours for new faculty, parents, and students
- Must participate and work at all CCC planned events
- Will plan and manage the end of year Blue Carpet Senior Gala awards and cording night
- Support requests by the East High Administration