Many of our students have cell phones. For safety reasons, we understand you may want your child to have their phone before and after school. We want to respect your decision while making sure your child, other students and our teachers are not distracted by cell phones in the classroom. Please read and review the following guidelines:
- Cell phones will be turned off when students are in the building. This includes both before and after school.
- Students will turn in their cell phone to their teacher once they enter the classroom.
- Teachers will keep student cell phones locked up for the duration of the school day. Cell phone will be returned to students at the end of the day.
- Kelly Elementary staff and USD 259 are not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to student cell phones brought to school.
- Parents and students will have reviewed, signed, and returned “Student Cell Phone Agreement” to student’s classroom teacher prior to student bringing a cell phone to school. Students that do not have a signed copy of this agreement on file with their teacher will not be permitted to bring a cell phone to school. You may get a copy of this form from either the classroom teacher or the front office staff.