“Offer” increases the choice in student meals. Every lunch is planned to include all five food components:
The food components for each meal will be posted at the beginning of each serving line. Students are encouraged to take all the foods offered; however, students may decline up to two (2) food components. Whether students take 3, 4, or 5 of the food components, the meal is the same price.
"Offer” allows students to build a healthy meal by selecting 3 to 5 different food components. One of those food components must be fruits, vegetables or a combination of both.
STEP 1: Choose ½ cup of fruits, vegetables or a combination of both.
STEP 2: Choose 2 or more of the following:
- Full Serving of Fruit – K-8 (1/2 cup) and 9-12 (1 cup)
- Full Serving of Vegetables – K-8 (3/4 cup) and 9-12 (1 cup)
- Hamburger on a Bun (Protein and Grains)
- Broccoli (Vegetable)
- Grapes (Fruit)
- Milk (Milk)
Students can take all five food items (hamburger, bun, broccoli, grapes and milk) OR
STEP 1: Choose ½ cup of broccoli or ½ cup grapes or ¼ cup each broccoli and grapes
STEP 2: Choose 2, 3 or 4 full servings of different food groups:
- Hamburger on Bun (protein, grains) or
- Full serving of Grapes and Milk (fruit and milk) or
- Hamburger on Bun and Milk (protein, grains, milk) or
- Hamburger on Bun, Broccoli and Milk (protein, grains, vegetable, milk)
The choice is up to each individual student; just be sure to choose the ½ cup fruit or vegetable and 2, 3, or 4 full servings from the 5 food groups. Check the menu daily so you will know which items in the school lunch you want to eat.