It is the philosophy of the Board of Education that all school properties belong to the general public and should be utilized by community groups and organizations to the fullest extent possible at such times as these properties are not in use for regular school purposes. In every instance building use fees will be assessed as established by the Board of Education and are moderate in amount and designed only to reimburse the school district for custodial, utility service, and general maintenance costs.
- Admission charges or collections are prohibited unless permission is granted in the contract.
- Organizations wishing to utilize District facilities may not profit from the use of the facilities.
- Facility usage payment is due at least five business days in advance of the facility use date.
- Use of facilities on holidays, during established school hours, or anytime school is not in session, is not allowed.
- Adequate adult supervision must be maintained at all times.
- Use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco and illegal drug substances are not permitted in or on any District facility.
- USD 259 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap/disability, religion or age.
All arrangements should be made through the Financial Services Division in accordance with the fee structure established by the Board of Education. Applications to use school facilities should be received at least two weeks in advance of the use date. Inquiries relative to the use of school facilities by community groups should be made to:
Wichita Public Schools
Attention: Cindy David
903 S. Edgemoor, Rm 207
Wichita, KS 67218-3337