The work of Wichita Public Schools is to empower all students with the 21st century skills and knowledge necessary for success by providing a coherent, rigorous, safe and nurturing, culturally responsive, and inclusive learning community.
- Successful public education is a community partnership.
- Public education is essential for the improvement of society and democracy.
- Everyone has worth and dignity and is treated with respect.
- We profit from diversity.
- Everyone can and will learn.
- It is worth the effort to ensure everyone learns.
- High expectations are essential for success.
- Families provide an essential foundation for learning.
- All families want their children to be successful.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- Everyone is entitled to a safe, supportive and nurturing learning environment.
- Every student is entitled to equitable opportunities, resources and services.
- Belonging is a key to student success.
- Change is inevitable and necessary; our response is intentional.
- The graduation rate will be 100% using an aligned Pre-K–12 system.
- The 21st century skills and knowledge of all students will continually increase as measured by multiple assessments.
- The academic skill and knowledge gap among the student populations will be continually reduced until eliminated as measured by multiple assessments.
- The social skill and knowledge gap among the student populations will be continually reduced as measured by multiple assessments.
- A coherent, rigorous, safe and nurturing, culturally responsive and inclusive learning community will be fostered and sustained.