- Wear weather appropriate clothes.
- All tops and shirts must cover the shoulders, show no cleavage, have small armholes, and cover the belt line when standing.
- No spaghetti strap, midriff, tank tops, or halter tops are allowed.
- Pants and shorts must fit and not be baggy, sagging, or worn skin tight.
- Shorts and skirts should be no shorter that fingertip length when arms are hanging loosely at the side. Undergarments should not be visible.
- Hats, ball caps, bandannas, and other similar types of head gear are not allowed. Head coverings due to medical purposes are acceptable, as are appropriate headbands/scarves for holding back long hair.
- Clothing is not allowed if it is deemed offensive or inappropriate.
- Clothing is not allowed if it is associated with gangs.
- Students should wear appropriate footwear for school, including tennis shoes on days a student has PE. “Heelies” are not allowed at school – wheels must be removed and stored during the school day if they are worn as tennis shoes.
- In order for students to play safely, proper footwear must be worn at all times. Students are encourage to wear shoes or sandals that fasten securely. Students wearing flip-flops will not be allowed to play in the "blue" equipment enclosure.
- In general, any clothing item or hairstyle (i.e. Mohawk, brightly dyed hair, etc.) deemed by professional staff as disruptive to the learning environment will be subject to correction.
Students will receive a warning and be loaned an appropriate piece of clothing (or may call home for a replacement) when wearing clothing that is inappropriate. Repeated offenses will result in a visit between the student and parent and/or principal; the school principal makes the final decision as to appropriateness of student dress.
FRIDAYS are HYDE PRIDE Days be sure to wear red or white to show school pride.