The work of Wichita Public Schools is to empower all students with the 21st century skills and knowledge necessary for sucess by providing a coherent, rigorous, safe and nurturing, culturally responsive, and inclusive learning community.
- Successful public education is a community partnership.
- Public education is essential for the improvement of society and democracy.
- Everyone has worth and dignity and is treated with respect.
- We profit from diveristy.
- Everyone can and will learn.
- It is worth the effort to ensure everyone learns.
- High expectations are essential for success.
- Families provide as essential foundation for learning.
- All families want their children to be successful.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- Everyone is entitles to a safe, supportive and nurturing learning envirnoment.
- Every student is entitled to equitable opportunities, resources and services.
- Belonging is a key to student success.
- Change is inevitable and necessary; our response is intentional.
Harry Street will be a positive working and learning environment where compassionate and supportive staff work together with families to ensure that all students experience academic, social, and emotional success.