• Unaccompanied Youth 

    Unaccompanied Youth is a youth in a homeless situation who is not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian. They are living on their own without parental or guardian support. Unaccompanied youth are often "Couch Surfing" going from place to place or may be living in a car, hotel or doubled up with family or friends.Unaccompanied youth have the same rights as other students experiencing homelessness to enroll in school without a parent or guardian and to receive services under the McKinney-Vento Program. 

    If you are an unaccompanied youth and wish to continue your education and enroll in school please contact our office. The Wichita Public Schools McKinney-Vento Program ensures that services and rights of the unaccompanied youth are being met.


    Examples of assistance that may be provided by our office:

    • Assist with enrolling in school
    • Provide immediate nutrition services
    • Transportation if over 2.5 miles
    • Help  with applying for food assistance and medical insurance
    • Providies school supplies and other items for school projects
    • Clothing assistance
    • Referrals to various community agencies for food, cmedical and other community resources
    • Guidance in filling out college financial aid applications
    • Provide cap and gown for graduates
    • Provide a letter for those wishing to attend college for FAFSA


  • High School Seniors




    • If you are a high school senior in the McKinney-Vento Program and is on track to graduate contact our office and we will order your cap and gown for you.  We need your Height and Weight, school you are attending and if you are male or female.   Email Cynthia
    • If you are an unaccompanied youth with no parent or guardian suupport and is inn our program, I can assist  you by providing a letter for FAFSA.  You must of pre-enrolled at the colllege you plan on attending. You can email me at I will need your name, date of birth and college you will be attending. 
    • If you need any school supplies, hygiene or other items for school contact our office at 316-973-4670 or your McKinney-Vento contact person.