Parents+School+McKinney-Vento+Community = Student Success!
We need to continue to surround the families with positive influences and to build relationships that will welcome them to your program. Parents are a child’s first teacher. Even though they are often in survival mode we can help them overcome the obstacles and barriers to help their children succeed.
The community can be involved by:
- Providing classes and programs for parents
- Providing Resources
- Donating items need for the families in the program
- Providing funds to assist the program in providing items for the student and families
- Volunteering at events or assisting in putting resources together for the families
- Mentoring a student in the program
You can make a difference in the life of a child and their family !