Parent Education Program "PEP"
The "PEP" program provides personal development, parent and child activities and resources for parents in the McKinney Vento Program.
- Personal Development (Self Esteem, Health and Wellness and Nutrition)
- Parent and School Communication (Conferences, Student Rights, School Visits)
- Parent and Child Activities (Math and Reading)
- Resources (Parent Resource Center, Publications)
Pep meetings are held once a week at the shelters and once a month for all parents in our program.
- Self - Esteem Workshops
- Parenting Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Book Study- "What's in my Backpack"
- Resources and Presenters
- Parent/Child Activities
Flyers are sent home with the students, put in parent packs and are called to inform them of Parent Education meetings.
Upcoming "PEP" Meetings
Joyce Focht Instructional Center
412 S. Main 67202
Oct. 20th (Magical Connections @ West High School)
Nov. 15 (Thanksgiving Month)
Dec. 12-13 (Holiday Distribution)