The Parent Education Program provides resources and workshops for the parents in our program.
The program focuses on:
- Personal Development-Self Esteem, Health and Wellness, Nutrition, Budgeting and Behavior Management
- Parent and School Communication
- Parent and Child activities in Math and Literacy
- Family Engagement
When parents are engaged:
Parents can be involved in their child’s education by:
- Being involved in their child's education
Parents working with their children at home
Parents attending and actively supporting school activities
- Attending family nights and Parent Workshops
Check Announcement and Calendar for Workshops and Family Engagement Activities
Encourage parents to:
- Volunteer in the classroom
- Volunteer for school projects and fundraisers
- Be a mentor to new families and make them feel welcomed
- Follow through with commitments
- Check the school website for information and updates.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences
- Participate in after-school activities
Family nights are held twice a year for the parent/guardians and children can come together and participate in family activities. Activities will include literacy and math activities. These activities are held in the evenings. Activity packs, resources for parents and food is provided. Families in the program will notified about the family nights.