Parent Education Program
Our office provides support to families in transition and offers opportunities for them to become involved in their child’s education. In 2014 we served over 2,648 children 0-21 years of age. We held 104 Parent activities for school-age families and 16 for children 0-4.
When Parents are engaged ....
Greater achievement benefits are recognized when parents are involved in their child’s education by:
Parents working with their children at home
Parents attending and actively supporting school activities
Encourage parents to:
- Volunteer in the classroom
- Volunteer for school projects and fundraisers
- Be a mentor to new families and make them feel welcomed
- Follow through with commitments
- Check the school website for information and updates
- Attend parent teacher conferences
- Participate in after school activities