Choosing Your Career Path
Our "Sweet spot" is the balance of what we are good at and what we are passionate about- that's your career path. It's okay if you don't know what you want to do "when you grow up". Want to know a secret? Most people don't. Here are some things to consider to help you get started discovering where you would like to start your career.
10. Think about what excites and energizes you.
9. Consider what you are good at.
8. Take a test to determine your interests and possible careers.
7. Get an internship with a company in the field you are interested in.
6. Find a mentor.
5. Do your research and look beyond traditional jobs.
3. Consider careers that utilize your gifts, drive your passions, and align with your values G + P +V
2. Make a plan.
1. If the first choice does not work, try again (we are learning to "fail better" together!)
Check out these sites for more career information and planning tools.
Xello: Log in
Big Future: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/explore-careers
ACT Profile: www.actprofile.org
Career One Stop: www.careeronestop.org
Occupational Outlook Handbook: www.bls.gov/ooh/
Career Interest Survey: https://www.mynextmove.org
Career Search: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/prepare-for-college/careers/search