Get Involved - Be a WPS Volunteer!
Families and community members play a vital role in creating an effective educational experience for our students.
To become a volunteer in USD 259, you need to complete the volunteer registration form. Online registration is available, and it is the easiest way to begin making an impact. Once you have completed the simple form, click submit, and within 48 business hours your information will be sent to school staff at the building(s) you indicated on your form.
Who can volunteer?
- Parents and guardians
- Business partners' employees
- Church congregations
- USD 259 students
- College students
- Senior citizens
What do volunteers do?
- Serve as tutors and mentors
- Provide assistance in the classroom
- Participate as career speakers
- Serve as lunch buddies
- Read to students
- Assist in the library
- Participate on school site councils or PTO/PTAs
- And much more!
If there are language needs, or if an individual is unable to access the online forms, paper forms are also available in English, Spanish and Vietnamese. If you choose to complete a paper registration form, you can submit it in one of the following ways.
- Email: You can email your form to Chelsea Moeder. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Mail: Mail your form to the following address: Wichita Public Schools- Volunteer & Partner Support, 903 S Edgemoor, Wichita, KS 67218.
- Inter-school Mail: Take your form to the school you wish to volunteer with and ask the secretary to please submit your form via interschool mail to Strategic Communications.
Volunteers go through a national background screening and simple training process. All volunteers must complete a volunteer registration form regardless of the level of contact with students.