Make an Impact - Become a WPS Mentor!
Mentors prove that ordinary people can do extraordinary things. By spending time with students in schools, mentors are making a world of difference in the lives of young people throughout Wichita.
Mentoring is fun for both young people and adults. Volunteers can participate in a wide range of in-school activities, including sharing lunch with a student, reading to a student or class, sharing special talents or career interests, tutoring, or just being a good friend who listens.
Options for mentoring accommodate the busy schedules of today's volunteers:
- Volunteer with a group of students or one-to-one
- Choose the age groups you enjoy
- Select a school location close to home or work
- Volunteer for as little as one hour a week
It Makes the Difference
Studies show the presence of a positive adult role model in a young person's life:
- Builds confidence
- Encourages kids to set and achieve goals
- Helps young people succeed
For information on mentoring, please contact Strategic Communications at 973-4515.