Professional License Renewals
The renewal application can be downloaded by visiting ksde.org. Click “Teaching and Learning,” “License Applications,” and choose Form 3a.
If you have a Master’s degree:
It is not necessary for you to use college credit for renewal. You may renew with 120 Professional Development Points, every five years.
- You will need pages 1, 2, and 3 of the actual application. On page 3, choose the 4th box under Renewal Options – Professional Development points: 120 professional development points
If you have a Bachelor’s degree:
A minimum of 4 college credit hours (worth 80 PD points) earned during the term of your current license and recorded in My Learning Plan (as college credit request) are required, as well as an additional 80 Professional Development points, for a total of 160 points.
- You will need pages 1, 2, and 3 of the actual application. On page 3, choose the 1st box under Renewal Options – Professional Development points: 160 points with 80 of those points from semester credit hours
Fingerprint Requirements: Effective November 15, 2014
Any person submitting any of the following will ALSO be required to submit AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION, a complete set of fingerprints and the required fee:
- An application for the first Kansas certificate or license,
- An application for renewal of an expired Kansas certificate or license, or
- New »» An application for renewal of a valid Kansas certificate or license if the person has never submitted fingerprints as part of any previous application for Kansas certificate or license.
Check your current credential information by clicking on the following link: KSDE - Search License
Once you have completed your application form and obtained official college transcripts (if required), send your completed application to Human Resources (903 S. Edgemoor, Wichita, KS 67218) and attach the check or money order made out to KSDE. A licensure consultant will verify your official PD transcript and mail it with your application and fee to KSDE.
If you need any further assistance or have another type of license in need of renewal, please email Kaitlyn Rawcliffe at email@example.com