Guest (Substitute) Teacher:Thank you for your interest in being a Guest Teacher. Wichita Public Schools relies on GuestTeachers to provide effective teaching strategies so that student learning continues in theabsence of the classroom teacher. Guest teachers play a vital role in student achievement.
Guest teaching is an exciting opportunity! You can:
- Build lasting relationships with students, schools and other teachers.
- Work with students on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule.
- Work in elementary or secondary classrooms in your choice of over 90 schools
Guest teaching is an ideal way to test-drive your teaching skills in the classroom. You will gain real-world experience to help decide if you would like to pursue an alternative pathway to secure your teaching credentials. The district strives to provide our guest teachers with comprehensive training and support.
For additional information about alternative pathways to the classroom, please visit our Alternative Certification page.
- Daily Rate - $104/day
- Long-Term Rate (11 days or longer) - $146/day
- Minimum of 60 college credits in any field.
- Current Kansas Teaching License (regular teaching, initial, exchange, standard substitute or emergency substitute)
- Meets the employment qualifications set forth by the Wichita Public Schools
- Board of Education and the Kansas State Department of Education
- Must work 15 assignments each semester
Application Process:To apply for your KSDE Emergency Substitute Teaching license, please follow this link.
- Complete employment application - usd259.org/careers
- Complete online interview questionnaire and accept offer of position
- You will be notified of the New Employee Onboarding Process which includes background check, UA, TB test, and physical.