Update for families for March 27, 2020 –
Beginning March 30, WPS will begin Phase 1 of the continuous learning plan. This consists of paper packets and resources online. More information: www.usd259.org/wpslearn.
A partir del 30 de marzo, las Escuelas Públicas Wichita comenzarán la Fase 1 del plan de aprendizaje continuo. Esto consiste en paquetes impresos y recursos en línea. Más información en: www.usd259.org/wpslearn.
Prevention is key, don’t forget about simple ways to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (sing the ABC song). If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow OR
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow CDC's recommendations for using a facemask:
CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
Communication Updates & Links
Parent Communication and News Conferences with updates after March 30 can be found on the Continuous Learning webpage.
Parent update communication on packet pick-up NEW!!! (3-30-20)
Parent update communication on packet pick-up - Español NUEVO!! (3-30-20)
Parent Update communication (3-27-20)
Parent Update communication - Español (3-27-20)
Coronavirus Fact Sheet (SCHD)
Travel information (CDC)