College & Career Center
This is the spot to find out about upcoming college recruiter visits, various announcements about college & careers, as well as to find the latest G.Y.L.R. Update.
The Get Your Life Right Update includes information about upcoming events at local colleges, scholarships sorted by specific colleges and scholarships that can be used at any institution of higher learning. This list is updated every 2 weeks so check back often! There are also some informative links posted to help you research and explore on your own.
KSU FAFSA Priority Deadline:
Students that will be submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are encouraged to submit by the December 1st Priority Deadline. Student Financial Assistance has many resources to give students and families confidence as they complete the FAFSA. Information and contact information can be found at http://www.k-state.edu/sfa.
KSU Housing Contracts:
Students can access both the application and the contract at http://www.housing.ksu.edu. There is no deadline for contract completion, but assignments are based on the date the contract was received so students are encouraged to submit as soon as possible. The $400 initial payment is refundable until June 1st.
WSU FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS WILL BE RECEIVED BY HOLIDAY BREAK
Wichita State is encouraging admitted students to complete their FAFSA by the priority date of Dec. 1. Eligible students will receive one comprehensive letter containing both their scholarship and financial aid award shortly before the university's holiday break. Visit wichita.edu/financialaid for more information.
WSU HOUSING APPLICATION OPEN
Admitted students are encouraged to submit their housing application as soon as possible to ensure a spot for the 2018-2019 academic year. Once admitted, students can start the housing process at wichita.edu/housing.
WSU SHOCKER STREET SPEAK
Check out our new episode of Shocker Street Speak--where you get to hear straight from the students! Interested in checking out other Admissions videos? Check out our Youtube Channel or visit wichita.edu/videos.
KU Upcoming Deadlines
- KU’s FAFSA priority date is Dec. 1 - encourage admitted students to file the FAFSA if they have not already. They can continue to apply after this date.
- For students interested in the Legal Education Accelerated Degree program (LEAD), encourage them to apply by the Dec. 1 priority date, law.ku.edu/lead.
- The Multicultural Scholars Program is taking applications, msp.ku.edu. Their first priority date to apply is January 2 and the final deadline to apply is Feb. 1, 2018.
- The Business Leadership Program’s first application deadline is Dec. 1. Students must be freshmen business admits, have a 28 ACT or higher (with 26 math ACT or higher) and a 3.5 GPA or higher to apply. Details can be found at https://business.ku.edu/business-leadership/overview
- The first deadline to apply for the scholarship hall was Nov. 1 and the next deadline is March 1. Students must fill out a housing contract and submit the scholarship hall application, http://housing.ku.edu/scholarship-halls/how-to-apply
KU Spring Visit Registration Open
Our visit opportunities are customized for meeting student's goals based on where they are on their path to college. Encourage students to sign up for the campus visit that fits them. Registration can be done online at visit.ku.edu
A popular visit option for juniors is Junior Days. This full-day experience costs $15 per person, and includes:
- an academic information session
- a walking tour of campus led by a student ambassador
- a tour of the Booth Family Hall of Athletics and the DeBruce Center
- a residence hall tour
- a KU T-shirt
- a light breakfast and lunch at Mrs. E's
Registration for Spring 2018 Junior Days will open on January 2, 2018.
KU Updated Test Scores or GPA
Students who take the ACT or SAT in December should submit their scores to KU by Feb. 1. These are the last scores that can be used for scholarship reconsideration if a student applied by the Nov. 1 scholarship deadline.
Also, if a student has an improved 7th semester GPA, they should submit it by Feb. 1. All updates can be self-reported at admissions.ku.edu/update.
The Next Opportunity to Take the ACT is Saturday, Feb. 10th
There will only be 3 more times to take the ACT after this testing date for the 17-18 school year.
We will not be hosting the ACT at NEM on this date but when you register you will be able to see which other locations are offering the test.
In order to register for this test (without a late fee) you have to be registered by Friday, Jan 12th.
Visit http://www.act.org for more informtaion and to register.
**If you qualify for free or reduced lunches please visit with a counselor before registering to see if you qualify for a fee waiver.**
***The very next opportunity to take the ACT will be Saturday, April 14 . (You have to be signed up by March 9th to avoid the late fee for this testing date.)
Stop in and see me if you need help applying or have questions.