After School Program Sponsored by the YMCA
The program ends at 5:15 pm.
Late pickup is after 5:30.
We are making no exceptions since we also have obligations to our families and childcare providers. See consequences listed below.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Hadley Middle School After School Program
Site Coordinators: Andy Bartel & Mark Horton
LATE BUSES-available to all students who are
attending an after school program/event at
Hadley and follow bus guidelines.
801 route starts 08/31/2017
The Monday - Friday Run 801 bus stops at Black,13th &N St Paul, Marshall, E 11th & Ohio, E 10th & Cleveland, E 20th & N Minneapolis, E 19th & N Minnesota, N Erie & Stadium (north intersection), Stadium & N Lorraine, E 18th & Volustia through the end of the track season.
- *802 Route begins 9/18/17
- Monday-Thursday bus stops at Murdock & Boyd, Shade Lane and Par Lane, 3440 Maple-Lawrence Elem, 1601 S Edwards-Payne Elem, 1749 S Martinson-Stanley Elem, 2101 W 4th S-Cessna Elem. This bus is in service while we have the after school program.
Calendars for the After School Program
- field trips
Paint the Town West
Hosting Horace Mann-Soccer
(Hadley, Hamilton, Marshall, PV)
Oct 20 is Lights on Afterschool Awareness Day!
Launched in October 2000, Lights On Afterschool is the only nationwide event celebrating afterschool programs and their role in keeping kids safe, inspiring them to learn and helping working families.
The effort has become a hallmark of the afterschool movement and annually sees more than 1 million Americans celebrate at more than 8,000 events nationwide. See more information at http://afterschoolalliance.org/loa.cfm
The Afterschool Program
3:30-5:15 Mon-Thur during program dates
Program ends at 5:15. Pickup is 5:15 next to the bus ramp on the south end of the building next to the commons/cafeteria. Sports teams wait on the south porch.
Consequences for pickup after 5:30:
First time - a student is picked up after 5:30 s/he is suspended for two days.
Second time- out of the program for four days
Third time - out of program for the semester.
If it happens for a returning student with a history of late pickup (fifth time and after) the student will be suspended from the program for the semester.
Walkers and bike riders leave campus at 5:15.
Buses leave at 5:30.
All students must be off campus by 5:30.
- Teams (NAL, Sports) wait on the south porch.
- Students who walk or ride a bike must leave campus immediately.
- If riding the bus, students must get on the bus as soon as it arrives.
- Students waiting for rides (picking students up at program’s end-5:15 pm) must wait with the ASP leaders by the bus ramp. Rides should be agreed upon in advance.
Usual Daily Schedule
Snack and Social time 3:40-3:45
Walk and Talk 3:45-4:05
Restroom Break 4:05-4:10
Study Time 4:10-4:40
Activity Time 4:40-5:15
Dismissal and Pickup 5:15
Buses leave 5:30
- A student must have a completed and signed permission slip turned in to participate in After School Program activities.
- All school rules are in effect throughout the After School Program and events.
- No electronics—students may call or answer their family’s call or communication with permission; otherwise all electronics are put away all the time.
- Follow adult instruction the first time.
- Sit down while in the commons.
- All students will use appropriate language, behavior, and be respectful to adults and peers.
- Consequences for failure to meet expectations
- 1st incident - receive a warning
- 2nd incident - time out from the activity
- 3rd incident - the student may not be allowed back to the After School Program for a time frame up to and including the rest of the semester.
- If behavior is a problem during a field trip:
- The student will be suspended from the next field trip.
- If a 2nd behavior problem occurs on a field trip with the same student, s/he will be suspended from all remaining field trips for the semester and may receive suspension from the After School Program.
- This is an activity based program. Each student is expected to be appropriately involved in the activity s/he signed in for.
- Once a student is in an activity, s/he must stay in that activity for the remainder of that day.
- Students must remain in an area supervised by the After School Program.
- Doors to the After School Program are locked once school is over and the building has cleared until 5:15 pm when the After School Program ends.
- A leader is usually in the commons during the program hours-- families may enter the school from the bus ramp/commons area through door 4.
- Students must stay in supervised areas and may leave the After School Program when a parent/guardian picks them up. Students should check-out with a rec leader or the site coordinator.
- If a student leaves before the After School Program is over without checking out, s/he may receive consequences up to or including suspension from the After School Program for four After School Program days.
- See calendar for scheduled field trips.
- Field trips are for students who regularly attend the program.
- Students who attend on Monday and Tuesday are given priority on the field trip bus—which holds 65 students.
- We have approximately 30 minutes of study time Mon, Tue, and Thurs in our program.
- Students must bring work and/or reading materials to use during study time.
- Students who are on the AFL list will attend tutoring sessions if they sign into the program on Mon or Thurs. Students who are on the AFL list and attending the After School Program must bring the work they need assistance with or need to finish.
- Tutoring is offered on Mon, Tues, and Thurs, 3:30-4:40 in A-8. Students must bring assignments with them to the tutoring session.
- Students are welcome to attend After School Activities after they finish tutoring.
Club and School Teams-consult the calendar menu at the top of the Hadley Webpage
Student CouncilNational Academic League--NALNAL Practice meets on Monday and Wednesday or as announced by the NAL coach.
Top Things to Know About the Hadley Middle School After School Program
We are sponsored by the YMCA.
Kids get a free snack after school.
They can talk with their friends and spend time with them AT SCHOOL.
Study time everyday…and tutoring is available as needed. It is just the right amount, not too much, not too little.
Students are supervised after school.
Dismissal is at 5:15 pm every day we are in session.