Mr. Diego Lazarin is the boys basketball coach and Mrs. Trina Dixon is the girls basketball coach. Basketball Tryouts are December 11-13after school. 3:20-5:00pm. All students must have a physical and concussion form turned in to be able to try out and play on the basketball team. All 7th & 8th grade students are welcome to try out. But only 12-15 will made the team.
Coleman Middle School Basketball
- You are expected to be a leader in and out of the classroom and have a positive attitude at practice
- Be on time to practice every day. If you will be late or will not be at practice, you NEED to communicate this to Coach Dixon/Lazarin prior to being gone.
- Give your best at each drill or activity you perform.
- Be willing to accept instruction.
- Avoid negative comments about practice and/or teammates. Instead, compliment one another, high five, and celebrate the team’s successes.
- Dress appropriately on game days. School dress code will be followed. We will either dress up as a team or wear our team shirts.
- Treat managers with respect.
- You may wear black or white shoes. Please do not buy shoes that have red, purple, blue etc. team colors please.
- Do not argue or question the officials. This type of action will result in bench time. This is a part of displaying good sportsmanship.
- During practice all of your belongings should be in the locker room. The only thing you should have out in the gym would be a water bottle.
3:20pm – 5:20pm every day
Morning practices are TBD
Wednesday, Jan. 22 Monday, Jan. 27 Wednesday, Jan. 29
Coleman @ Curtis Hadley @ Coleman Coleman @ Mayberry (3:00pm)
Monday, Feb. 3 Wednesday, Feb. 5
Truesdell @ Coleman Coleman @ Mead
Monday Feb. 10 Wednesday, Feb. 12 Thursday Feb. 20
Curtis @ Coleman Coleman @ Hadley Mayberry @ Coleman
Monday, Feb. 24 Wednesday, Feb. 26
Coleman @ Truesdell Mead @ Coleman
All dates are doubleheaders; unless noted, game 1 begins @ 3:30; Game 2 begins 10 minutes after conclusion of Game 1 Boys play game 1 through Feb. 5 , beginning Feb. 10 girls will play game 1