After School Recreation
Currently and consistently accepting new applications!
The After School Recreation or After School Rec. program at Curtis offers FREE tutoring, recreation, and art activities to any Curtis 6th, 7th, and 8th grade student.
After School Rec. is Monday- Thursday, 3:10- 5:00PM
How do I sign up for ASR?
- A parent needs to complete the After School Rec. permission form. If your student wants tutoring services, an additional tutoring form needs to be filled out. All forms can be obtained in the main office.
What do students do during ASR?
- Students report to the North Cafeteria by 3:20PM
- Students are given a snack & a few minutes to socialize while eating their snack.
- ALL students will then participate in STUDY TIME. Students must bring homework or a reading book. Homework help and tutoring are available at this time to all students.
- After STUDY TIME, different activities are offered on different days. Students need to check the ASR calendar to pick an activity that they would like to do each day.
- Students are dismissed at 5:00PM to their rides or walk home. There are two late busses, but the routes are limited. Please check to make sure there is a drop off location convenient to you.
Some activities include: soccer, basketball, computers, dance, guitar lessons, keyboard lessons, and visual art projects.
We also have several opportunities for students to volunteer and perform service projects in oir community.