AVID Student Application is OPEN
AVID is offered as an elective course that, like any other class, meets regularly. Each week, students receive two hours of instruction, two hours in tutor led study groups, and one hour in motivational activities and academic survival skills, including critical reading and writing skills. AVID students are encouraged to take prep courses (in middle school) and move into honors/advanced placement courses.
Who Should Apply?
AVID Student Profile
The AVID student is a student with academic potential:
- Average-to-high test scores
- 2.0-3.5 GPA
- College potential with support
- Desire and determination
The AVID student meets one or more of the following criteria:
- First in family to attend college
- Historically underserved in 4-year colleges (e.g., underrepresented as a racial or ethnic group)
- Special circumstances (e.g.,family structure)
How to Apply?
First, talk to your school for specific information!
- The application can only be completed one time per student.
- Students must be signed in to their district account to complete the application.
Application can be accessed here: bit.ly/wpsavidapplication21-22