SPRING SPORTS 2021
Spring sports begin on March 1, 2021, which means our coaches are planning pre-season conditioning. Please take a look at the information below in regards to the sport of your choice and feel free to contact the coaches if you would like further information.
Before you decide to begin working out for a specific sport you must have a current physical. Coaches will not collect your physical. You will need to upload your physical to the Rank One website.
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link: www.rankonesport.com
Updated Physical Form: www.kshsaa.org/public/pdf/form-ppe.pdf
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the Rankonesport link above and select the PARENTS CLICK HERE
- Next click on the ONLINE FORMS Select Kansas. Select Wichita Public Schools.
- You should be on the Welcome to the Parent Portal page. Select the Proceed to Online Forms
- CreateNew Account. First name, Last Name, email. You will receive an email to confirm your account.
- Search for your student using your student’s last nameand students ID number.
- You can Find Another Studentor Start Forms. Select View button to get to the forms.
- Select each Electronic Document and complete. Both parent and student should sign the forms.
- For the physical upload you can select either a PDF or Picture. Examples are given of what forms need to be uploaded. All physicals must be uploaded. Using your phone for the physical upload is easier since you just have to take a picture and upload but you can use either a computer or phone.
- Complete the six (6) electronic forms by selecting the forms and filling in all the required boxes and signatures.
- When each form is completed it will mark the form Approved. You can come back to your forms using your email and password.
Safety of Student Athletes:
In accordance with the state, county, & district health guidelines, each athlete, manager, & coach will be checked in each day & have their temperatures taken. They will also answer a few questions about their current health status. They will be asked if they are experiencing any symptoms associated with the COVID-19 virus. If a student or coach answers “yes” to any of the questions, they will be dismissed from practice & asked to visit with their doctor to be cleared for activities. This practice will continue throughout the season.
Please understand that are making every attempt to ensure the health & safety of your student as well as our coaching staff.
All student athletes will be asked to wear masks & practice social distancing when they are not engaged in an activity/drill. Students will also be asked to head home immediately after training sessions & not gather for a prolonged period of time.
All student athletes participating in pre-season sports conditioning will need to provide their own water bottle and should be dressed in workout clothes and wear tennis/athletic shoes.
Girls Soccer: Conditioning will begin January 26th at the South High soccer complex (located just west of Carpenter Stadium) at 3.45-4.45pm. You can contact Coach Gaskell via email, email@example.com, for further details.
Baseball: Conditioning will begin February 2nd in the South High weight room from 6-7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Players will need to enter through door number 54 which is north of our gymnasium ticket booth. You can contact Coach McCulloch via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, for further details.
Softball: Conditioning will begin February 2nd in the GO ZONE, the intersection of the main hall and G hall from 3.45-4.15pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those students who are at school and do not want to leave then come back, you can attend a study hall in T.3 from 3.10 until 3.45pm. You can contact Coach Carney via email, email@example.com, for further details.
Track & Field: Conditioning will begin on February 1st in the South High weight room from 3.40-5pm. Please enter through the back entrance of the weight room. You can contact Coach Wells via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, for further details.
Boys Tennis: TBD. You can contact Coach Bumgarner via email, email@example.com, for further details.
Girls Swimming: TBD. You can contact Coach Sommers via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, for further details.