Brooks Cross Country
Brooks Cross Country (DUE AUGUST 14th)
Welcome to Brooks Cross Country! I am Coach Fibelkorn and I am your Cross Country coach this year. I have amazing plans for us to be the best team we can be! If you are interested in Cross Country please:
1. Schedule/Walk-in and attend a physical with a doctor. Make sure to fill out the required Physical Form with your doctor or you will need to make another appointment. 2. Email me at email@example.com to let me know so we can get our roster set! 3. Please fill out all of the medical forms: Concussion form; Physical Form
a. These forms are on the Brooks School Website and on rankonesport.com/content/
b. There is an app for rank 1 on your phone as well. Make sure that all the pages (1-4 of the physical) are signed by the doctor, parent, or kid before you upload them to rank 1. 4. Submit forms on the RankOne Website or in the app. Turning them in in-person does not count. Please submit them to the website or in the app. a. Please go to this website, https://www.rankonesport.com/content/ or app, and click on the parent tab and get their student’s account set up. All the forms you will need can be signed electronically and NEEDS TO BE SIGNED AND TURNED IN ELECTRONICALLY BY MONDAY, August 14th! YOU CANNOT PRACTICE OR COMPETE IF THIS IS NOT COMPLETED!
Cross Country is open to all 7th and 8th grade students. 7th graders run a 1-mile race, while 8th graders run a 2-mile race. I am also needing 6th graders who are interested in being our team manager. This involves running, timing runners, delivering water to our runners, and cheering on our TOP TIER, and former, City Champ Runners! Our goal is to watch every runner grow individually . . . and of course be the best Cross Country team in Wichita!
FIRST PRACTICE = TUESDAY, August 15th (2:30pm-3:50pm)
· We will always meet for practices at the Brooks MS Track! Rain or shine, we practice. Meeting location will be the choir room if there are storms outside.
· Athletes will come dressed and wear athletic shorts and any t-shirt for practices (hoodies and jackets may be used as the season gets colder). It is essential to train with running shoes that are in good condition. Training in old shoes can lead to serious leg injuries.
· Athletes will need to bring their own water bottle.
· There are activity busses that come to the school at 4pm and will drop off students at certain elementary schools to make pick-up easier for parents. Schedule/drop-off spots are on the back of this form!
· If a student is not picked up by 4:10pm, or when the activity bus arrives, they will be required to get on the activity bus and parents will need to pick up their child at their nearest Activity Bus drop off spot (locations and times are on the back).
If you are interested in Cross Country, please email me to let me know so we can get our roster set! Also, check out RankOne to get your physical and other forms uploaded! Please reach out with any questions!
Coach Fibelkorn (316) 366-3593 firstname.lastname@example.org
MEET SCHEDULE FOR FALL 2023 XC Season
Meet #1: Thursday, September 7th, 3:30 pm Cessna Athletic Complex (CAC)
Meet #2: Thursday, September 14th, 3:30 pm Cessna Athletic Complex (CAC)
Meet #3: Tuesday, September 19th, 3:30 pm Cessna Athletic Complex (CAC)
Meet #4: Tuesday, September 26th, 4:00 pm College Hill Park
Meet #5: Tuesday, October 3rd, 3:30 pm Cessna Athletic Complex (CAC)