Senior Class Information - 2019
April 2019 – Senior Survey – All Seniors must complete this requirement for graduation!
Friday, May 3, 2019 – ACT Registration Deadline for the test that will be taken on June 8, 2019.
Monday, May 6, 2019 – ADVOCACY FOLDERS – Teachers give back the advocacy folders to Seniors.
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 – RED DAY FINALS – All Seniors must complete this requirement!
Thursday, May 9, 2019 – BLUE DAY FINALS – All Seniors must complete this requirement!
- All Learning Center classes must be completed for credits to count for graduation.
- All financial obligations must also be taken care of.
- Seniors must meet ALL graduation requirements by the last attendance day in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Also, seniors must have a cap and gown in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Friday, May 10, 2019 – SENIOR BREAKFAST & CELEBRATION
Senior Breakfast – 7:45 am in the Cafeteria - You must purchase your ticket in advance from Mrs. Graytok (Bookkeeper).
Tickets will be sold April 24 through May 3 for $5.00 and May 6, 7 & 8 for $10.00.
Come early, visit and take pictures with fellow seniors in the hall. This may be one of the last times you will be together with all of your classmates. Clothing: Girls - white or light colored dresses, Boys - dress clothes.
Senior Meeting / Celebration – 9:00 am – in auditorium immediately after breakfast – must be there. Be present for final directions regarding graduation practice. Obligations may be paid at this time. Celebration takes place of Convocation – All parents and friends are invited to attend. Senior Celebration is the only place your awards and honors will be read out loud along with other information. Students must leave campus following the conclusion of the award ceremony.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - GRADUATION DAY
Graduation Practice – 9:00 a.m. @ WSU Koch Arena - enter through Main Entrance
Commencement Ceremonies - 7:00 p.m. @ WSU Koch Arena
• Be at Koch Arena between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m. Line up.
• Wear dress clothing and shoes (no jackets for men).
• Respect the rights of others.
• Do not wear corsages.
• Do not decorate your cap (mortar board).
• Remember to take your graduation program with you. We will not have extras back in the building.
• Plan on meeting your friends and family outside after graduation on the lawn.
• ALL graduates, faculty, and guests will be scanned upon entering the arena.
• Scan teams will NOT allow any of the following to be brought into the building: balloons, air horns, silly string, noise makers, etc.
This is a formal event and any inappropriate behavior can result in your being escorted out of the ceremony by security.
• Do not possess tobacco products or any other illegal substance.
• Do not come under the influence of any illegal substance.
• You will be removed immediately from the building.
• You will be arrested and taken to JIAC or county jail.
Again this is a formal ceremony, and all school rules apply!
How to Dress for Graduation (under the gown): Men generally wear dark trousers and a dress shirt and tie under their gowns. Women usually wear a light or white dress that is shorter than the gown so it does not hang below the robe.
How to Wear a Graduation Cap: The high school graduation cap is worn flat on the head, one point of the square facing forward (like a diamond).
High school graduation tassel: Tassels are worn on the right side at the start of the graduation ceremony, and you flip it to the left when graduates receive their diplomas.
DVD Available for Graduation – Video will include presentation of diplomas of each student. Available for purchase on line at www.graduationwichita.com., by mail, and at graduation. DVD will be mailed 10 days following graduation. It will be streamed live on the above address for people that can’t make graduation.
Seniors must request that their final transcript be sent to their post-secondary school from May 27th through June 13th. Seniors must create an account at www.parchment.com – and make their request on this site.