“Pre-K is important because it provides a great foundation for kindergarten, it also exposes children to an educational environment. Many students need that extra year to become accustomed to a classroom and learn how to play with other children. Pre-K gives children a chance to develop and grow while also learning skills needed to be successful for the rest of their lives.”
– D’ Angela Keys
Wichita Public Schools offers free Pre-Kindergarten programs for children who are four years old on or before August 31st.
The child must meet one qualifying factor:
- Eligible for free lunch
- Single-parent family
- Limited English proficiency
- Either parent lacking high school diploma or GED
- Teen parent
- SRS referral
- At-risk for developmental delays based on screening results
- Child qualifies for migrant status
The child must be transported to and from school, attend preschool regularly, and the family must complete a meal program form.
Pre-Kindergarten Interest Form* (Click here for English Interest Form) (Click here for Spanish Interest Form)
* Interest Form may be printed and taken to your neighborhood school or emailed to email@example.com.