Students are expected to come to school each day dressed in a way that facilitates their and other students learning. The dress code below is not intended to be all inclusive in nature, but a guide to families with listed particulars. Any clothing item that is deemed disruptive to the learning environment or dangerous to students will not be allowed.
- Shirts, blouses, and dresses must cover the shoulders, upper chest, and must be long enough so as not to show any skin in the waist area. No see-through clothing, “A” (tank) undershirts, or sleeveless shirts with excessively large arm openings will be permitted.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be no shorter than mid-thigh. All clothing must be worn so that any undergarments do not show. We define undergarments as any shorts or underwear worn under pants or shorts or any style of bra visible under a shirt. Pants will be worn at the waist. Belt tails should be tucked into belt loops at all times.
- Pajama bottoms, lounge wear type pants, hats, caps, stocking hats, or other head coverings, rags, soft-soled house shoes/slippers, and sunglasses are not to be worn at any time in the building.
- Clothing logos must be acceptable for school. Clothing must not promote alcohol, drugs, weapons, sex, profanity, derogatory statements, any type of gang affiliation, and racial or sexist slurs. Metal chains, dog collars, Chinese stars, or any clothing deemed potentially dangerous will not be allowed.
- Restrictions by administration on colorful hair and extreme hairstyles will be made on an individual basis.
- Excessive facial makeup and drawing/writing on self and clothing will not be allowed. Piercings that are deemed disruptive will not be allowed.
- Any tattoo that is deemed disruptive or promotes anything listed in clothing restrictions must be completely covered at all times.
- Coats will be removed and placed in lockers upon entering the building. Students are encouraged to layer for warmth.
- All purses, bags, and backpacks will be left in lockers during the school day. Only Hadley spirit backpacks are permitted throughout the building. Hadley spirit backpacks must be worn on the shoulder and hung across the back of the desk/chair. Students who need to carry PE clothes should use a grocery bag or other disposable bag.