Parents, please share your feedback to help us plan for school this fall!
As the Wichita Public Schools moves through the journey of recovering from COVID-19 crisis response and returning to a more normal state of operation, we are committed to:
- Providing quality continuous learning opportunities for WPS students during this period of uncertainty. This includes excellence in academic, social-emotional support and student nutrition.
- Safety and well-being of all district employees and students.
This plan aims to safeguard students, staff and the community from the threat posed by COVID-19 by:
- Preventing the spread of COVID-19 in the community and on school campuses.
- Participating and contributing actively as a partner with all state, county and local educational and public health partners.
- Minimizing the impact of disruptions to the delivery of instructional and related services.
- Communicating regularly with all stakeholders on issues that could impact individual school or overall district operations.
Our work will continue to be guided by the district’s Every Student Future Ready strategic plan shared values, and long-term goals which focus on high school graduation, early literacy, college and career readiness, and safe learning environments.
- Student Success
- Safety and Belonging
- Family and Community Collaboration
- Visionary Leadership
- Civic Engagement
- Equity and Diversity