Isely Traditional Magnet Dress Code
Isely Traditional Magnet supports the following dress code. We believe our dress code will contribute to a safer learning environment, a stronger focus on academics, and improved student behavior.
- Solid color, logo-free (unless Isely logo) “flag” red, white, or navy blue long or short sleeved polo shirt with collar.
- Solid color, logo-free (unless Isely logo) “flag” red, white, or navy blue long or short sleeved oxford shirt with collar.
- Fridays only: Isely spirit t-shirts from any school year may be worn with uniform pants.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Solid color, logo-free navy blue or khaki, tailored pants, Capri pants, shorts, skorts, skirts or jumpers may be worn.
- Shorts, skorts, skirts, or jumpers should not be shorter than the student’s finger-tip length.
- Shorts should be worn under skirts or jumpers (particularly on PE days), but should not be longer than the skirt or jumper.
- Solid color, logo-free navy blue or “flag” red polo dress, long or short sleeved (no sleeveless).
- No jeans, sweats, or overalls.
- Solid color, logo-free (unless Isely logo) “flag” red, white, or navy blue sweaters, sweatshirts (no hoods), and/or vests may be worn over the collared polo or oxford shirt.
- Solid color, logo-free “flag” red, white, or navy blue turtlenecks or t-shirt style undershirts may be worn under the collared polo or oxford shirt.
- All clothing must be clean and free of large holes, rips, or frayed edges.
- Solid color, “flag” red, white or navy blue socks or tights.
- No crocs, platform, wheeled, high heel, open-heeled or flip flop shoes may be worn.
- Clothing shall be sized correctly to fit the student (BOE policy 1473)
- Belts are required for 2-5thgrade students if belt loops are present on clothing and optional for K-1st students.
- No bandanas, hats, or headscarves are to be worn, except for religious purposes.
- No extreme hairstyles are allowed.
- No makeup may be worn.
If you are concerned about the cost factor, please contact the principal so that we can discuss options. Isely remains a school for all students and we will ensure that everyone has access to the uniform. PTO sponsors a uniform closet with gently used, discounted uniforms. The principal may grant occasional exceptions to the dress code for special days or circumstances. Requests for exceptions should be submitted to the principal in writing.