Official/valid immunization documentation must be provided to Wichita Public Schools. Present immunization information at enrollment. If your child is in progress of completing required vaccinations, documentation must show at least one of the each required vaccine has been received.
Contact your school nurse for IMMUNIZATION information. Families who have recently moved into the district from out of state are allowed fourteen days to obtain those records.
Immunization Requirements change most every year. See the current requirements located on the right side of this page.
IMMUNIZATION EXCLUSION DAY FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR IS
OCTOBER 15, 2020.
Any student attending Wichita Public Schools must be in compliance with the State's current immunization laws and regulations. Any student who does not meet the State's requirements will NOT be allowed to attend school on or after October 15, 2020 until one of the following documents is provided to the school nurse:
1. Up to date immunization records
2. A scheduled plan to give shots needed signed by the physician
3. Signed Medical or Religious Exemption according to the provisions of the law
CLICK HERE for a current Kansas Certificate of Immunization - KCI form.
CLICK HERE for information on appointments for Immunization Program Services.
Exemptions to Immunizations
Kansas allows two legal alternatives. They include:
1. Medical Exemption - "Annual written statement signed by a licensed physician (Medical Doctor / M.D. or Doctor of Osteopathy / D.O.) stating the physical condition of the child to be such that the tests or inoculations (vaccinations) would seriously endanger the life or health of the child."
Medical exemption shall be validated annually by physician completion of KCI Form B - Click HERE for the form.
2. Religious Exemption - "Written statement signed by one parent or guardian that the child is an adherent of a religious denomination whose religious teachings are opposed to such tests or inoculations." NOTE: Per USD259 Board Policy P5313 - The school reserves the right to require verification by the clergy of the religious tenets which precludes immunizations.
Important note regarding medical and religious exemptions:
To protect the health your child and others during suspected vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks, Wichita Public Schools Health Services will consult with Sedgwick County Health Department. Any child claiming either of the above exemptions may be subject to automatic exclusion from school.